- Many celebrity guests will be present for the evening’s festivities at Stars & Cars on Saturday, 29th November in the Mercedes-Benz museum, Stuttgart
- Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton and world championship runner up Nico Rosberg will be at Stars & Cars
- Formula 1 and football world champions bring the successful 2014 sporting year to a close at Stars & Cars
This coming Saturday, November 29th, 2014, Mercedes-Benz will bring the curtain down in Stuttgart on the very successful sporting year that was 2014 with the Stars & Cars season finale. Newly crowned 2014 Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton, his team-mate and world championship runner-up, Nico Rosberg, and the management team behind new constructors’ world champions, MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS, will be present as well.
Some of the football stars from Germany’s 2014 world cup winning squad will also be among the celebrity guests along with the Formula 1 champions. The following personalities, inter al, are among the guests expected on Saturday evening at Stars & Cars in the Mercedes-Benz Museum:
- Lewis Hamilton, MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS (Formula 1 world champion, 2008 and 2014)
- Nico Rosberg, MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS (2014 Formula 1 championship runner-up)
- Joachim Löw, head coach to the German national side (2014 world champions)
- Oliver Bierhoff, manager of the German national football squad (2014 world champions)
- Franz Beckenbauer, football legend
- Martin Kaymer, golf pro
- VfB Stuttgart football players, including, Christian Gentner and Daniel Didavi
- Fernanda Brandao, actor and presenter
- All seven Mercedes-Benz DTM drivers
- David Coulthard, ex-Formula 1 driver (2001 world championship runner-up)
- Hans Herrmann, ex-Formula 1 driver and Silver Arrows legend
- Stirling Moss, Formula 1 legend (four-time world championship runner-up)
- Klaus Ludwig, touring car legend and winner of numerous races at Le Mans
- Jochen Mass, ex Formula 1 driver
- Claire Williams, deputy team principal at Williams Mercedes
- Susie Wolff, test and development driver at Williams Mercedes
The 16th Stars & Cars event will be staged in and around the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart. A temporary show track will be constructed especially for Stars & Cars, on which fans can see modern and classic Mercedes-Benz racing cars in action, as they stage demo runs. The programme for the public begins at 10 am. Admission is free to all visitors.
What's On at Stars & Cars 2014?
- 10:00 - 10:10: Heiko Wasser, Prof Thomas Weber, Ola Källenius and Toto Wolff open the event (Main Stage)
- 10:15 - 10:25: Korso 1 - Star Parade (Track)
- 11:35 - 11:45: Interviews with Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg (Main Stage)
- 11:45 - 11:50: Interviews with Sir Stirling Moss and Lewis Hamilton (Main Stage)
- 12:00 - 12:10: Korso 8 - DTM 2014 (Track)
- 12:30 - 12:40: Korso 10 - Formula 1 (Track)
- 12:50 - 13:00: Presentation of awards to Formula 1 team by Prof Thomas Weber: Paddy Lowe, Andy Cowell, Niki Lauda and Toto Wolff (Main Stage)
- 13:00 - 13:15: Korso 12 - Pit stop competition with racing cars from various eras (Track)
- 13:20 - 13:30: Korso 13 - World Cup champions of 1954, 1974, 1990 and 2014 (Track)
- 13:40 - 13:55: Presentation of awards to Formula 1, DTM, F3 and GT3 drivers by Dr Dieter Zetsche (Main Stage)
- 14:00 - 14:10: Korso 14 - SLS AMG GT3 (Track)
- 15:20 - 15:35: Korso 19 - Acceleration challenge: Internal combustion versus electric (Track)
- 15:45 - 15:55: Korso 20 - Grande Finale (Track)
- 16:00 - 16:10: Closing interviews with Lewis Hamilton, Dr Dieter Zetsche and Toto Wolff (Stage next to track)
The 2014 Motor Racing Anniversary Year:
120 years of Mercedes-Benz in motor racing, 80 years of the Silver Arrows, 30 years in the DTM.
The first victory for a Daimler engine was achieved in the first ever car race, the 1894 Paris-Rouen road race, which marked the beginning of an ongoing success story. The first two Formula One world titles secured by Juan Manuel Fangio in 1954 and 1955, the victories in the Le Mans long distance classic in 1952 and 1989 and the win at the 500 Miles of Indianapolis in 1994 count among the greatest successes of Mercedes-Benz in motor racing.
In the modern era of Formula One, Mercedes-Benz along with partner McLaren and the Brawn GP customer team have won four drivers’ and two constructors’ titles. In 2014, the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Silver Arrows works team won the Formula 1 constructors’ world championship for the first time in the history of Mercedes-Benz. Lewis Hamilton won the 2014 drivers’ championship ahead of his team-mate Nico Rosberg. In the DTM, Mercedes-Benz is the most successful brand in the history of the series. Mercedes-Benz drivers have won a total of nine drivers’ titles since 1988, the first year of entry of Mercedes-Benz as a works team.