A phenomenal week of pre-season testing at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya saw some mega numbers crop up for the #MBFamily! Here’s our pick of the bunch:
- The F1 W07 Hybrid completed a total of 3,142.125 km (675 laps)
- In other words, if this had been an attempt to drive the beast from MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS HQ in Brackley to the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya and back again, we would have fallen shy of our destination by an agonising 44 km – or somewhere along the M40, just outside Oxford!
- Mercedes-Benz Power Units completed a total of 7,629.545 km (1,639 laps)
- That’s the equivalent of driving from Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains (HPP) HQ in Brixworth to the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya via Force India, Manor, MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS and Williams, completing a 2016 Spanish Grand Prix race distance, then returning via the same route… twice!
- Lewis Hamilton completed more mileage than any other driver (1,596.665 km, 343 laps) with Nico Rosberg right behind (1,545.460 km, 332 laps)
- Mercedes-Benz Junior Pascal Wehrlein made an impressive debut with Manor Racing, completing 581.875 km (125 laps)