MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS began the final test of 2014 at the Yas Marina Circuit today, with Nico Rosberg taking the wheel of the F1 W05 Hybrid for the first of two days’ running this week. Nico’s best time of 1:44.512 from 114 laps put him third on the time sheets.
- Today’s programme focussed on aero testing, 2015 Pirelli tyres, system checks and set-up work
- The team was also able to test some new parts for the 2015 regulations
- Pirelli’s new medium and soft compound dry tyres were both tested during the day’s running
- Nico emerged for his first run at 09:00 local time, with his car running problem free all day
- Mercedes-Benz Power Units today completed a total of 1,277 km between all teams
Today was good; we were looking at the tyres for next year mainly. That was a useful experience, looking at a lot of the set up for the new tyres as it could be quite different. It’s always interesting to test the car here in such great conditions so that worked well. It was great to get back into the car again today and to do as many laps as we did is positive. You can see we’re already testing parts for 2015, so I’m already looking forward to it. I will go away and reflect on a great season for the team with this incredible car and aim to come back even stronger for next year.