Lewis and Nico continue to double up on day two in Barcelona
MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS continued the second pre-season test of the 2016 season today at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, with Lewis Hamilton at the wheel of the Mercedes-Benz F1 W07 Hybrid in the morning and Nico Rosberg in the cockpit during the afternoon.
- Lewis emerged for his first run at 09:05, completing 73 laps before the hour-long lunch break at 13:00. Nico completed a further 91 laps in the afternoon – finishing for the day at 18:00
- Today's programme focused on low fuel runs (morning) and a race simulation (afternoon)
- Mercedes-Benz Power Units today completed a total of 2230 km
- Mercedes-Benz Junior driver Pascal Wehrlein completed a total of 368 km (79 laps) for Manor Racing
- Nico will be at the wheel of the F1 W07 Hybrid tomorrow morning, Lewis in the afternoon
Reliability is our strength at the moment. The strength within the team has grown even further. It’s really motivating for the season. The car was good, quite strong, we did some lower fuel running today but some work needs to be done balance wise. Getting onto the softer tyre was a good experience but we’ve got some work to do still.
It was another useful day of testing. I did a full Melbourne race simulation and I feel well prepared now for the first race. The team have done a great job so far both in the factory and here on track. The car feels great out there and I haven’t had a major problem yet. I hope this will continue for the last two days.
|2||Lewis Hamilton||MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS||73||1:23.622|
|6||Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull||135||1:25.235|
|7||Carlos Sainz||Toro Rosso||166||1:25.300|
|8||Sergio Perez||Force India||128||1:25.593|
|9||Nico Rosberg||MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS||91||1:26.298|