Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports claim the Teams' Championship as Brendon Leigh defends the Drivers' Championship
- Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports team have won their inaugural season as a contender in the F1 Esports Pro Series
- The team took first place in eight out of ten races of the 2018 F1 Esports Pro Series
- Brendon Leigh (216 points) won the Drivers' Championship by 81 points, with his teammate Dani Bereznay (166 points) in P2
- Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports (382 points) won the Teams' Championship by 172 points ahead of Scuderia Toro Rosso Esports Team (210 points) in P2
- Christian Dixon, Head of Esports at Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport, accepted the Teams' trophy on behalf of Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports
What We're Saying
"I feel on top of the world, it just feels amazing!" said Brendon. "There's so much talent in this field and every car is equal - so to be able to win the Drivers' and Teams' Championship a race early, considering there's double points for the last race as well, is just unbelievable for us."
"Dani has been a fantastic teammate all season long. He is really quick, he pushes me every step of the way and I push him every step of the way, so we were able to really elevate our game together."
"The start of the season was immense. It was the first time teams have been brought into the series and to be able to join Mercedes was great; they're my favourite team in real life and to work together with them and see what goes on behind the scenes was amazing and it has really elevated my motivation."
"The way I work, the way I set up the car has changed, I put so much more effort and passion into my racing now - and it showed in results."
"The entire 2018 F1 Esports Pro Series season has been amazing," said Dani. "The teamwork has been outstanding, we all worked very hard together ever since this team was founded."
"We've had fantastic support from Mercedes all along the way and I think that's one of the reasons why we managed to finish the Teams' Championship with a lead of more than 150 points."
"Our performance in the Drivers' Championship was also really good, especially given the fact that all cars are equal in the series."
"I finished second in the drivers' standings and I'm very happy that my teammate was the only one to beat me. Congratulations to Brendon, he really did an amazing job and deserves this title."