The Barcelona in-season test concluded with Valtteri topping the timesheets after another productive day of running for the team.
- Valtteri took over from Lewis behind the wheel of the W09, with the Finn completing 139 laps over the course of Wednesday.
- He concluded the Barcelona in-season test by setting the pace with a 1:16.904, set on the SuperSoft tyre just before the lunch break.
- His main focus at the start of the day was completing various aerodynamic test items.
- Valtteri then moved onto a series of short runs before the end of the morning session and longer runs in the afternoon.
- The team has been able to complete 290 laps of untroubled running during the two days of testing in Spain.
- F1 will next be in action on the 24 May for the start of the Monaco Grand Prix weekend.
What Did We Learn?
"We've had Valtteri in the car today and have had another very useful day of testing, with the car running faultlessly throughout" explained Trackside Engineering Director, Andrew Shovlin.
"We had a fairly similar programme to Lewis, using the early part of the day to do a number of the aerodynamic test items, then getting into a programme of short run work before lunch and longer runs in the afternoon.
"There were a few cars that stopped on track in the afternoon causing red flags, which does impact on your plans.
"But, we have been able to complete almost all the important work we had planned and have made some good progress in further understanding the car and tyres.
"We have a very busy few days coming up, finishing our analysis from the race and test and getting stuck into preparations for Monaco to ensure we are ready for its unique challenges."
What We're Saying
Valtteri: "Today was really interesting and we got through our programme fairly smoothly.
"We had a good baseline from last weekend and used it to work on different set-ups, trying out bigger changes than we normally would on a race weekend.
"We also tried to gather some information on the tyres, as we will see similarly smooth tarmac at Silverstone and Paul Ricard.
"I enjoyed being back in the car today, I'm looking forward to being back in action next week in Monaco."
Result: Test - Day 2
|1||Valtteri Bottas (77)||Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport||139||1:16.904|
|2||Antonio Giovinazzi (99)||Ferrari||148||1:16.972|
|3||Lando Norris (47)||McLaren||80||1:18.039|
|4||Kevin Magnussen (20)||Haas||75||1:18.274|
|5||Nikita Mazepin (34)||Force India||112||1:18.344|
|6||Jack Aitken (45)||Renault||120||1:18.942|
|7||Charles Leclerc (16)||Sauber||139||1:18.993|
|8||Robert Kubica (40)||Williams||123||1:19.253|
|9||Pierre Gasly (10)||Toro Rosso||39||1:19.410|
|10||Stoffel Vandoorne (2)||McLaren*||96||1:19.914|
|11||Jake Dennis (25)||Red Bull||75||1:20.440|
|12||Sean Gelael (38)||Toro Rosso||83||1:20.763|
|13||Nicholas Latifi (42)||Force India*||121||1:21.412|
*Conducting tyre testing with Pirelli