Lewis Hamilton completed 113 laps today during testing at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona, with conditions varying from heavy rain showers to a dry circuit for the late afternoon.
• Lewis completed a total of 526 km over the course of the day, the highest of any driver
• The morning programme focused on tyre evaluations in the wet conditions, mainly on intermediate tyres
• Lewis also completed race weekend procedure practice when useful running was not possible
• This afternoon, Lewis completed a wet to dry race simulation on intermediate and then medium compound tyres
• Lewis has now completed 2040 km over five days of winter testing, equivalent to nearly seven Grand Prix distances
Nico Rosberg will drive for the second day of the test tomorrow.
The track started out really wet this morning but thankfully the conditions dried out later on and we were able to complete some proper running. It felt good to work through the race simulation this afternoon; both to get myself back in practice and to put valuable miles on the car.
All the guys have done a fantastic job both here and at the factory. I'm really happy that we're making progress together and very much enjoying working with everyone. The last couple of days of pre-season testing are always really exciting when everyone starts to add their upgrades so I'm looking forward to the weekend.
Pos. Driver Car Time Laps
1 Mark Webber Red Bull 1:22.693 90
2 Lewis Hamilton MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS 1:24.348 113
3 Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso 1:25.017 59
4 Valtteri Bottas Williams 1:26.458 85
5 Sergio Perez McLaren 1:26.538 100
6 Esteban Gutierrez Sauber 1:26.574 92
7 Paul Di Resta Sahara Force India 1:27.107 57
8 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:27.541 112
9 Max Chilton Marussia 1:28.166 78
10 Charles Pic Caterham 1:28.644 83
11 Romain Grosjean Lotus 1:34.928 52