Nico Rosberg completed a successful third day of pre-season testing for MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS today in Jerez, Spain.
Following a difficult start to the week with limited mileage, Nico was today able to complete a total of 655 km - over two race distances - to make good progress through the team's test items.
• Nico's work today focused on reliability running to put mileage on the car and aerodynamic evaluations
• Nico ran the medium and hard compounds throughout the day, setting his fastest time on the medium tyres
• He evaluated a new front wing design this morning and ran with the new parts throughout the afternoon.
• His total number of laps exceeded the highest single-day total from last year's pre-season test in Jerez
(132 laps for Michael Schumacher on 8 February 2012 in the 2011 car)
• Nico also completed pit-stop practice during the final hour of today's running
Lewis Hamilton will complete the fourth and final day of the test tomorrow.
I'm very happy with today and I think it was probably a personal record for me to do almost 150 laps. I've never been so well prepared physically as I am this season; I feel on top form and it was no problem to complete the programme.
To drive the distance from Silverstone to Spa in one day with no problems whatsoever is a fantastic achievement from the team. It really made up for the last two days and put a smile on everybody's face.
In terms of driving the car, I have a good feeling, I can push it and feel comfortable - but obviously we still have plenty of work to do to continue improving.
Pos. Driver Car Time Laps
1 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:17.879 85
2 Nico Rosberg MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS 1:18.766 148
3 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:19.052 102
4 Kimi Räikkönen Lotus 1:19.200 40
5 Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso 1:19.247 85
6 James Rossiter Sahara Force India 1:19.303 42
7 Jenson Button McLaren 1:19.603 83
8 Esteban Gutierrez Sauber 1:19.934 110
9 Max Chilton Marussia 1:21.269 78
10 Valtteri Bottas Williams 1:21.575 86
11 Charles Pic Caterham 1:22.352 57
12 Paul Di Resta Sahara Force India 1:23.729 7