Michael Schumacher was in action again today for the third day of this week's test in Jerez. The team's programme included systems checks with the adjustable rear wing, tyre evaluations with the different Pirelli compounds and development work on the balance of the car over longer runs. Another positive day in terms of reliability saw Michael complete 114 laps.
Nico Rosberg will take over at the wheel of the MGP W02 for the fourth and final day of the test tomorrow.
Michael Schumacher: "At the end of my two test days in Jerez, I can only be happy with what we have achieved here. Once again today, we completed a lot of mileage, and with the exception of some smaller issues, we ran very well which enables us to steadily progress with our testing programme. This is exactly what you want at this period of time. I am now looking forward to continuing the development at the next test in Barcelona starting on Friday."
Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Nick Heidfeld Lotus Renault 1:20.361 86
2. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:20.493 131
3. Michael Schumacher MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:21.054 114
4. Lewis Hamilton McLaren 1:21.099 36
5. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber 1:21.242 84
6. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:21.574 98
7. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso 1:21.681 92
8. Heikki Kovalainen Team Lotus 1:21.711 61
9. Rubens Barrichello Williams 1:22.227 99
10. Paul di Resta Force India 1:22.945 64
11. Jerome D'Ambrosio Marussia Virgin 1:25.471 72