Michael Schumacher was at the wheel of the MGP W02 today for the second day of this week’s test in Jerez, completing a total of 132 laps of the Spanish circuit.
- The morning's programme focused on comparisons and evaluation of the soft and hard compound Pirelli tyres
- Michael then concentrated on a set-up programme with the new tyres in preparation for the debut of the 2012 car in Barcelona.
Nico Rosberg will take over the car tomorrow for the team's final day of testing in Jerez.
“We made the most of a reliable car today to do lots of laps and learn a lot about the new Pirelli tyres, and how they perform on longer and shorter runs, and with different set-up configurations. It was a good and productive test, full of lots of useful information for the season ahead, and I am now looking forward to driving our 2012 car for the first time at the next test.”
Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Michael Schumacher MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS 1:18.561 132
2. Mark Webber Red Bull 1:19.184 97
3. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso 1:19.587 100
4. Jules Bianchi Force India 1:20.221 46
5. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus 1:20.239 117
6. Paul Di Resta Force India 1:20.272 69
7. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:20.454 95
8. Jenson Button McLaren 1:20.688 85
9. Sergio Perez Sauber 1:20.711 68
10. Pastor Maldonado Williams 1:21.197 97
11. Heikki Kovalainen Caterham 1:21.518 139
12. Pedro de la Rosa HRT 1:22.128 64