Sam Bird continued the Young Driver Test for MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS today, with Michael Schumacher also paying a visit to the team in Magny Cours to see for himself how the test is progressing and hear Sam’s feedback.
- Sam and the team continued to evaluate the latest developments for the F1 W03 on a second productive day
-The team have used the Pirelli soft tyre so far in the test, and will switch to the hard tyre tomorrow
- Sam completed 125 laps today, taking his total mileage for the test to 970 km
Brendon Hartley, one of the team’s simulator drivers, will take over the car tomorrow for the final day of the test.
We’ve had a second very positive day at the test and successfully completed our planned schedule, including the evaluation of the performance items that we wanted to achieve. We’re happy with the results that we’ve seen so far and there is a lot of information to go through to hopefully help improve the car. It was a great experience to be back behind the wheel of a Formula One car this week, and to help with the development programme, and I would like to thank the team for giving me this opportunity.
Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Jules Bianchi Sahara Force India 1:16.467 117
2. Sam Bird MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS 1:17.482 125
3. Davide Rigon Ferrari 1:17.925 165