Nico Rosberg completed the third and final day of the Mugello test for the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS team today.
Nico and the team spent the day concentrating on further tyre and set-up evaluations with the F1 W03. A second very productive day saw Nico complete 129 laps, equal to over 670 km.
The team completed 1715 kms over the three days, and will next be in action at the Spanish Grand Prix in Barcelona.
For Nico, “it has been a good testing programme for us here in Mugello, and I have been able to complete a lot of mileage in my Silver Arrow around this amazing track. Today, we learned a lot about tyre management, and this should help us at the next race in Barcelona.
There is still a lot of work to do of course, and we do need to improve our car in fast corners, but overall I am pleased with the progress that we have made here this week.”
Ross also felt the team “had a good week in Mugello, and been able to complete much of our planned test programme despite the loss of some track time on Tuesday due to the poor weather conditions.
The first opportunity for in-season testing for some time has proved beneficial, particularly as it has enabled us to test some new development ideas and take a closer look at improving the car from things that we have identified over the first four races.
Mugello is a great track and I know that both Nico and Michael have enjoyed the experience of driving there this week.”
Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Romain Grosjean Lotus 1:21.035 66
2. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:21.267 106
3. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:22.363 98
4. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso 1:21.604 117
5. Sergio Perez Sauber 1:22.229 118
6. Nico Hulkenberg Force India 1:22.325 55
7. Pastor Maldonado Williams 1:22.497 63
8. Nico Rosberg MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS 1:22.579 129
9. Oliver Turvey McLaren 1:22.662 99
10. Paul Di Resta Force India 1:23.002 34
11. Heikki Kovalainen Caterham 1:23.169 139
12. Timo Glock Marussia 1:23.466 110