Michael Schumacher was at the wheel of the F1 W03 again today as MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS continued the test in Mugello.
With dry conditions today following a disrupted first day, the team and Michael had an extremely productive day.
The team focused on set-up and tyre work, alongside the evaluation of a number of development parts. Michael completed 144 laps of the Mugello circuit, equal to over 750 km.
Nico Rosberg will drive tomorrow for the third and final day of this week’s test.
Michael was very pleased with our testing day: “in the past, I have done so many kilometres on this beautiful track, and today I think I can say I was adding quite some more. Unlike yesterday, we were able to gather really a lot of data, and like this we are learning more and more about our car which is absolutely positive.
Of course we also tested some new things, which I would not want to go into detail about, so it is definitely worth coming here at this stage of the season. I am really happy with how things are proceeding with our car and our team, and I am convinced we have a good basis for the final day of the test tomorrow.”
Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Romain Grosjean Lotus 1:21.603 97
2. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber 1:21.603 87
3. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:21.825 64
4. Mark Webber Red Bull 1:21.997 54
5. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:22.257 106
6. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso 1:22.422 65
7. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso 1:22.588 22
8. Michael Schumacher MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS 1:23.404 144
9. Charles Pic Marussia 1:23.982 46
10. Vitaly Petrov Caterham 1:24.312 112
11. Gary Paffett McLaren 1:24.480 59
12. Timo Glock Marussia 1:24.449 37
13. Paul Di Resta Force India 1:24.749 14
14. Bruno Senna Williams 1:24.842 100