Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport completed its planned programme on the first day of 2019 pre-season testing, gathering valuable aero and tyre data. Valtteri and Lewis took turns at the wheel of the team's 2019 challenger, accruing almost 700 kilometres at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.
- Valtteri was the first behind the wheel in the morning session, focussing on gathering tyre and aerodynamic data
- Lewis was driving the new car in the afternoon, collecting information on how the new car reacts to certain set-up changes
- Today’s programme focused on improving the understanding of the new Pirelli tyres for the 2019 F1 season as well as gathering aerodynamic data
- Mercedes-Benz Power Units today completed a total of 838km
- Tomorrow, Lewis will be behind the wheel of the W10 in the morning with Valtteri driving the new car in the afternoons session