- Valtteri lined up in third place, starting on SuperSoft tyres, while Lewis launched away from the grid in ninth on the Soft compound.
- A lightning-fast getaway meant Valtteri jumped ahead of Kimi Räikkönen on the first lap. Lewis maintained position, before escaping brief contact with Max Verstappen.
- Valtteri kept race leader Sebastian Vettel in his sights during the early stages, while Lewis continued to move his way up the field - passing three drivers in one move on lap five.
- Our Fast Finn pitted for his sole stop on lap 20, going onto Mediums. Lewis moved into the lead before diving into the pits on lap 26, also switching to the Medium compound.
- Kimi's retirement promoted Lewis onto the podium and he started to close the gap to the leading duo, while at the same time Valtteri edged closer to Sebastian's Ferrari.
- The Bahrain GP ended in a tense final few laps, with Valtteri right on the gearbox of the Ferrari but ultimately running out of time to make a move.
- Valtteri crossed the line 0.7s behind Sebastian in P2, securing his 23rd F1 podium. Lewis rounded out the top three in his 100th race for the team, making his 119th podium appearance.
- Lewis and Valtteri are second and third in the Drivers' Championship, with 33 and 22 points respectively. The team holds second in the Constructors' with 55 points.